What are the training objectives for this program?
Participants will learn how to:
* Significantly increase their reading speed
* Spend less time re-reading and reviewing
* Significantly improve their reading comprehension
* Significantly improve their reading retention
* Improve their critical reading & thinking skills
* Improve their overall concentration skills while reading
* Find key information quickly and accurately
* Decipher complex reading materials
* Efficiently time manage their reading assignments
How is this speed reading program different?
This is not a gimmick course. Many "speed
reading" programs will show participants how to "view"
3,000 words per minute or faster, which is useful
for researching or reviewing material, but it
is not reading - it is scanning. To read beyond 1,000 words per minute requires readers to skip words; when readers skip words, they lose comprehension.
As you know, simply having a general understanding
of the reading material is not always sufficient.
Technical materials, for example, require a
slower, more comprehensive reading approach
during certain sections. Our reading methods
actually work like a car accelerator pedal - participants will learn how to adjust their reading speed to match the material (and their personal and professional deadlines).
In fact, by the end of this program participants will see a dramatic improvement in their reading
speed and comprehension. As they continue
to apply our reading methods, they should be
able to exceed 3,000 words per minute for "light"
reading or research work, and 600 - 900 words per
minute for more challenging material.
The current reading speed average for adults
is about 250 words per minute.
A fast reading speed improves efficiency only
if the reader comprehends the material the first
time through. Therefore, this program involves a heavy focus on reading comprehension.
We will show participants how to structure
each reading assignment to ensure the pertinent
information is “locked” in their head for quick
comprehension and fast recall.
To help participants immediately apply this
new skill, they will actually
practice our reading strategies on their own
work-related documents (during the training class portion of this program).
Can you customize Target Reading for organizations and groups?
Yes, we can tailor this program to meet the specific training needs any organization or group. We also offer the following all-inclusive rates:
Group Rate: $3,000 (up to 30 participants)
Per Person Rate: $195 (minimum of 6 participants)
* A 1-day interactive training class customized to your specifications
* Delivery of the class at a location and time of your choosing
* All Target Learning administration and travel expenses
* A workbook for each participant containing all the reading strategies
* Worksheets to apply the strategies using their personal thinking style
* Six months of access to your instructor after the training class
"Overall, I was really impressed. I was
skeptical in the beginning. I am now very pleased to say it really honestly
Stephen Rhudy (Public Seminar)
"I liked the results - significant increases in both my reading speed and comprehension."
Dave Allain, Systems Analyst
"I like the workbook
that we are able to keep and refer
to later. I also like the fact
that we can contact the instructor
by e-mail later with all our
Kristie Risenger - Administrative
has really helped me to learn how to read faster. Great methods for
note-taking and having better comprehension."
William Lane, Jr. -