This course covers fundamentals of the Oracle DB architectural framework. In this course, students will learn about Oracle DB 10g grid computing and administration. They will also go through key aspects of migration to Oracle DB and Oracle DB 10g installation. Further, they will learn about management of Oracle instances and database storage structures.
- Identify functions of DBAs.
- Match Oracle products with their descriptions.
- Identify key Oracle Database 10g features that help address common database management challenges.
- Identify key characteristics of Oracle's grid computing technology.
- Match Oracle database administration tools with their characteristics.
- Compare features of SQL Server with those of Oracle Database 10g.
- Identify key characteristics of Oracle Migration Workbench.
- Identify prerequisites for Oracle Database 10g installation.
- Sequence the steps for installing Oracle Database 10g.
- Match Oracle database objects with their features.
- Match Oracle instance components with their features.
- Identify options used to create an Oracle database using the Database Configuration Assistant.
- Identify features of the Oracle Database 10g management framework.
- Identify key aspects of Oracle DB instance startup and shutdown.
- Identify features of initialization parameter files.
- Identify key aspects of managing memory components.
- Identify features of the alert log.
- Identify ways to access a database using SQL*Plus.
- Sequence the steps to access a database using iSQL*Plus.
- Identify key aspects of tablespaces and data files.
- Sequence the steps to create a new tablespace.
- Identify key aspects of storage for locally managed tablespaces.
- Match tablespaces in the preconfigured database with their descriptions.
- Identify ways to alter a tablespace.
- Identify tasks that can be performed with tablespaces.
- Identify key aspects of Oracle ASM.
- Identify features of Oracle ASM disk groups.
- Identify key aspects of Oracle ASM administration.
The target audience for this course includes database administrators (DBAs), technical consultants, sales consultants, and support engineers..